Okay, okay, I admit I can be a bit of a moany cow. My recent blog posts have predominately been navel-gazing downers.
On Tuesday I got a phone call from a male friend, but I couldn't answer because I was driving. The next day he emailed me and a pointed out that I was blogging about my rough times in recent weeks.
Last night another male friend texted me to say something similar. Neither said anything negative to me about what I'd been writing, but I took a hint and so today I thought I'd blog about things I like.
Below is a light-hearted insight into my brain, but if you want to take a cue from it and perhaps buy me some of the things I mention, then please feel free, it is my birthday in October...
- I love kittens and am a bit of a crazy cat lady in general
- I love rodents of all types - when I was a child my parents bred guinea pigs so I think it stems from that
- My favourite ice-cream is mint choc chip flavour
- I could live on a diet of cereal and pure orange juice
- I have a thing for foreign men who speak in broken English
- My favourite author is Margaret Atwood
- My favourite poet (apart from myself!) is William Cowper
- I am tickled pink with delight that there is an animal in the Bible called a 'Rock Badger' (mentioned in Psalms) and that it is still an animal around today!
- The first gig I ever saw live was The Haunted and Entombed when I was 15 years old
- I know the measurements of my ankles, calves, thighs, hips, waist, bust, neck and wrists and have been measuring myself since the age of about 14
- I do not have a favourite colour
- I watch Hollyoaks every single night; it is my guilty pleasure and Andrew despairs of me!
- I love Indian food
- I love that I have been at home with my son to see his first steps, hear his first words and to be able to teach him every day. Generally I wouldn't swap being a stay-at-home-mum with any 'dream' career
- I have double-jointed elbows and love freaking people out by bending them into different angles
- I take a size 12 in clothes and a size 6 in shoes. At the end of Adam's pregnancy I took a size 18 in tops and a 14 in trousers. Heaven only knows what size I will be at the end of this pregnancy as already I have a bump and I'm not due till August!
- My favourite gemstone is an opal
- My prized possessions are my 3 huge poetry books I've been writing in since I was 16
- My favourite perfume is Alien by Thierry Mugler and I have 3 bottles of it in my drawer
I could go on and on and add more to the list, but I'll stop now as I am having to think too hard for inspiration and really I don't like to think too hard.